7.22.2013

7/13-7/14

Oh, Halena. You had a great weekend. You did, save from the episode yesterday in which you were inconsolable until I got home from studying and your Papa seemed a little traumatized when I got home. I think I need to work on helping him build his confidence around helping you cope with your big feelings, like when you miss Mama. I'm sure he did a great job, but when he called I could hear an anxiousness in his voice that I'm sure can't help but be projected and felt by you.

Back to why you had a great weekend. We took you to the Irvine Spectrum for the first time! I think I was pregnant last time I went there, or maybe it was the year before. I was actually very, very excited to go, unlike ever before, because the intention was for you to ride the carousel and ferris wheel (your first time!). We did both! It was such a joy to watch you with your Papa in the background riding with you. You both rode horses, I rode a giant kitty cat wearing a hat. Eric came with us and rode a horse that didn't go "up-n-down".

After the carousel we waited in line for the ferris wheel and when we got in you were so curious about what was happening. When we got to the top you pointed at the big orange balloon at the Great Park and pointed out some other big balloons on the other side. We all watched the sun setting and you were fearless the whole time. It was an adventure for you and I can't wait to do it again even though before this time I was pretty nervous about it.

After that we went to get ice cream at Cold Stone and Eric gave you SOO much that afterwards you were so very wired and were doing some very silly things on our way back to the car.

When you got home you fell right asleep, exhausted from the stimulation of your adventures and all the people at the Spectrum.

Then yesterday, around 5, Eric came back but this time brought Becca! She brought you a surprise, too. It was a giant cupcake she had baked but left the decorating for you. We took it outside on the porch and placed the cupcake, frosting, and sprinkles on the wood bench. Then we got started. First you put the frosting on it and quickly moved on to the sprinkles. I have a feeling the sprinkles part was tour favorite. Your hand became so colorful with sprinkles all over it! I tried to get a picture but it was too blurry because yo kept wanting to put your hand in your mouth.

When you were done, we brought out a big broom to sweep the mess and a little broom for you to help! Soon after Papa began bringing out a round tupperware to water the plants on the porch and you became curious about that. I asked Papa to fill it with water for you to play in. He did and you immediately sat down in it, clothes and all. Just as soon as you got in, you got out and dumped all the water into the grass.

When we came inside I changed your clothes and we came out to the living room. Becca danced with you and we played a game in which she flew you around the living room in her arms and chased after me. You were having suh a good time, but us older folks tired quickly. The rest of the evening was spent eating tacos with Veganaise and playing games on Becca's phone and getting teased by a Tio Eric who REALLY loves to make you laugh. But you're still pretty leary of him. Must be the beard. Get used to it, missy!

Anyway, one successful weekend for a fun-deserving little girl.



































































No comments:

Post a Comment